Friday, April 4, 2014

Original Micro-Fiction story

Fish Tank

“Ooooh. I like that one!” Leanna said.
“That’s an African rope fish,” the fish expert at Petco said. “African Rope fish are like snakes. They can slither around out of the water as well as swim in the water. What other fish do you have in your tank?”
“We are starting a new tank. Does it matter what other fish we put in the tank with this one?” Winston asked.
“Yes, actually. The African Rope fish will eat anything on that wall.” The employee pointed to the wall that had all the fish they liked on it .
“Well I guess we won’t be getting the african rope fish. Lets look over here and pick out the ones we want,” Winston said.
Winston saw a shark. “I want that! Would the Rainbow Shark work in our tank?”
“Yes those guys only get about two inches long. They will do fine in a 20 gallon tank.” the Petco employee explained.
“Winston, come look at this one!” Leanna yelled. “I like watching it swim.”
It was a black fish with a huge stomach. It had small fins and had to move them quickly to stay off the bottom of the tank. “This is my faaavorite.” “I want this one.” Leanna told Winston.
Winston and Leanna kept looking at fish and would occasionally say “Oh that ones cool” but did not find any other fish they loved. They told the Petco employee which ones they wanted and he bagged them up. They checked out and left the store.
Winston and Leanna got in the car. Winston looked her in the eyes and said, “Happy Valentines Day Leanna.”

No comments:

Post a Comment