Peter
was a drill operator who worked an eight hour shift, seven days a week.
He loved operating those drills because it took his mind off of all
the other stresses in life. He loved to listen to that drill.
One day, Peter was at a bar and met an older man who was talking to him
about life. He was saying how life is short and how you have to make
the most out of your days. Peter told the man how he spends everyday of
his life being a drill operator. The man did not like that. He felt
that Peter was wasting his life, that he wasn’t out in the world being
adventurous.
Peter left the bar that night with his head down. He did not like the
fact of how some mysterious old man was saying how he was wasting his
life. Peter could not sleep that night. He was tossing and turning,
thinking, “am I really wasting my life?”. After overthinking things,
Peter agreed with the old man and decided to quit his job as a drill
operator: the job that he looked forward to everyday.
Peter decided that he would go off and explore the world. He hopped on
a plane and went to Paris, Japan, and Madagascar. He spent the next
three years of his life exploring the world, but was not satisfied. He
realized that he loved his job as a drill operator. There is nothing
else that he would rather do with his days.
After a long flight around the world, Peter returned home and tried to
get his job back. He was surprised, however, to understand that the old
man who had talked to him in the bar that night was the one who took
his job. Peter could not get his job back as a drill operator. The
position was taken. He did not want to operate drills anywhere else
because he loved that company.
“Why did you take my job? I thought you said it was a waste of time!” Peter yelled to the old man.
“Oh no Peter, I just said that to you so that I could take your job!
It has always been my dream to become a drill operator for this
company, but I could have never done it because you were already in the
position!” the old man replied.
“Very clever.” Peter thought to himself. “I guess I will just have to
do the same to him.” Peter snuck up behind the old man and broke the
drill. The boss of the company thought that it was the old man who
broke the drill, so he fired him. The boss then offered Peter his job
back, and he accepted. Peter was so happy that he jumped off the bridge
splashing into the river.
I like this story, Peter seems like a stand up honest guy!
ReplyDeleteThis is a funny, light-hearted story, and I think the dialogue makes it more interesting and intriguing! Good job!
ReplyDelete