Monday, March 3, 2014
The color of sadness
Everything was different now, it had changed just within a matter of hours. I didn’t want to move, didn’t want to think; I had been here just sitting in the herbal garden in solitude watching the cotton fluff of the clouds get eaten up by the orange bursts and yellow flashes as the day disappeared, disappeared along with my hope. My chances left with the last bit of the sunshine. I went inside just to get a blanket so that I could stay in the garden by the riverbank to think about nothing. All I can do is remember Lily White’s face as she laughs while covering \my dress in nacho cheese. Then she had taken him, taken the one thing that I had wanted more than anything in the world; thats what had hurt the most. Not all the people watching, not my dress getting covered but the fact that she took him; I didn’t think I had ever hated anyone as much as I hated her. I looked at the sky as it changed from ash blue to led gray. It matched my mood perfectly. I then saw a little brown rabbit run as if it was being chased; I felt bad for it but in a way it was comforting to know that I wasn’t the only one having a bad night. The rabbit kept running, it ran towards the wild orchard... I remembered when we had gone there and he had picked a peach blossom and put it in my hair. I remembered how all year I had hoped that he would be my date to the promenade; yet when he finally was Lily took him from me. I watch the sky as tears ran down my face until it turned to black satin I the little dipper came into view. I finally fell asleep on the grass, wondering if the rabbit had made it home safely.
Labels:
Samantha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The different way you made the color of the words match the mood of the story added a lot of effect. It was easy to understand the mood better and made it more interesting. You also made the names of the specific colors flow really well within the story.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Blaise, you used the colors well. Also, you used them to help create an image allowing me to picture everything that was said.
ReplyDelete