Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Memoir story

Bo Brown
27 years old
photo taken in 1990

Its our fourth show this week and its only Tuesday, you can imagine the stress we’re all under. Ray and Ronny don’t seem to mind all the attention, but I however get annoyed by the feeling of someone constantly breathing down my neck. Sometimes I just want to be able to go outside for a smoke without having to hide from the ruthless fans and photographers. Ray, being the flamboyant queen that he is always has to be the center of attention, and Ronny’s motto is “you never know whos watching” which explains the permanent grin pasted on his face. And then there’s me always in the background, behind these two attention seekers. Don’t get me wrong I love these guys, they're practically my brothers. We’ve been performing together since we dropped out of high school in the 80’s, but they’ve changed into their stage characters. I told them to save the glamour for the stage, but they’re complete divas on and off the camera these days.

20 years later…
As I was sitting in Ronny’s living room waiting for him to put his daughter to bed, I caught sight of an old photo from 20 years ago. It was a photo of me, Ronny and Ray outside of one of our favorite Venues in Las Vegas. It was a photo that I had never seen before and it brought me right back to the night it was taken. I remember it like it was yesterday, it probably stuck in my memory because that was the night I left the group. I couldn’t stand the constant pressure and the feeling of being a bug under a microscope. I was so sick of being underappreciated and taken for granted, in the shadows of my two best friends. They didn’t need me anyways, that’s what Ray always said. Ray and Ronny wouldn’t talk to me for years, but Ronny finally got out of the show business and came around. Now here we are, still great friends 20 years later, with families and real jobs that don’t include putting make up on and wearing ridiculous costumes. Both of us lost connection with Ray, last we heard he was doing time for a drug scandal in Chicago.




No comments:

Post a Comment