My name is Rose,
You may have heard of me, but I’m here to tell you that you don’t really know about me. You see I’m a Princess; actually I’m Sleeping Beauty. My story didn’t happen in the way that you have heard. Well yeah there was some mean fairy at the feast in celebration of my birth, and yes she did curse me. But nobody thought that she really could have harmed me. There was a news caster at the party so he published it in the paper the next day. Well some details got added to it; she hadn’t really said that I would die or even sleep for a hundred years. She simply said that I would sleep for a long time. You see being a public figure most people don't know who the real me is. I have way more money and connections than just about anyone in the kingdom, and my parents don’t feel the need to watch over me anymore. So pretty much I have the ability to get away with just about anything anytime.
As I was saying I got cursed to prick my finger and stuff… Well yeah I’m twenty one and being the most popular girl around I get invited to a lot of parties.
Well now looking back on it I can see that I made a very bad choice. I went to this party and drank more wine and ale then I ever had before I also had hard cider and moonshine. I can only remember about half of it. My friend Jason was there. He always had my back when I went to parties so he was a good guy to have around. Like deep down, or not that deep I knew that he had a major crush on me. He had liked me for years... Well I couldn’t do anything about it I thought.
So anyways I was at this party, at night obviously and there was music and everything was dark, and I was spinning then I don’t remember. Well I woke up in my room, it was maybe six in the morning. I went to the bathroom and looked on the floor, CRAP. It was Jason passed out on my floor. I grabbed an extra pillow and put his head on it. Then, with my head still spinning I grabbed a paper and pen and left a quick note about how I had pricked my finger on the wheel and how I just had to sleep for a little longer.
I just hopped that this could save my image incase anyone came in and saw me. I drank some water and went back to sleep. I slept for a long time. I woke up again, it was midday, I could tell by the way the light was streaming in through my window. I barely even noticed that my note was gone.
Feeling way too tired to get up I closed my eyes again; I slept for a few more hours then I woke up to the weirdest thing. A strange and wet pressure on my lips. I tried to scream but my mouth wouldn’t open. I was shocked. Then a flash, the flash of a camera as a reporter jumped out of my closet holding my note. Jason pulled away from my face.
I really should have been mad at him but I really wanted to get away from the man with the camera. I thought that it was so creepy that he had been in my room, unseen while I was sleeping.
Holding Jasons hand, we ran out of there as fast as we could.
The next day I bought the paper just to see how extreme they would misinterpret the events of the past two days. Well let me tell you, they were nothing close to the truth. So apparently I had been asleep for years. Well many people that had seen me would know this was as lie but maybe some people that lived on the far ends of the kingdom would believe it. They would believe it because it seemed that everyone knew about my curse. Well the non existent curse. But it doesn’t stop there! Apparently Jason had been a prince from a far away land. They conveniently left out where he was from. Well they said that only true love’s kiss could break the spell and since he had kissed me that was what woke me up. They called me Sleeping Beauty, haha thats a joke I was the farthest thing from beautiful that morning.
Wait.... What if there had been a little truth to that and I would have actually stayed asleep for years if Jason hadn’t kissed me. Wait that would mean he would be my true love........
No comments:
Post a Comment