I need feminism
because I shouldn't be called a waste of a woman when I say I don't want children.
I need feminism
because women are still blamed for being raped.
I need feminism
because when a man asserts himself he's a "boss", but if woman asserts herself she's a "bitch".
I need feminism
because I shouldn't have to worry about being successful in a male-dominated field.
I need feminism
because there are men who deem it acceptable to tell me I deserve to be raped and killed simply because I call myself a feminist.
I need feminism
because when defending other woman and their choice to wear what they please, I get told I’m “over-reacting”.
I need feminism
because I’m tired of hearing how I should dress or act in order to be considered pleasant.
I need feminism
because I should NOT be told that I am asking for unwanted attention because I have breasts.
I need feminism
because “Want to hear a joke? Women’s rights.” isn’t funny.
I need feminism
because I'm tired of people telling me I'd be prettier if I'd smile.
I need feminism
because women are told not to get raped instead of men being told not to rape.
I need feminism
because sexism is a social disease.
The world needs feminism because no one should feel pressured to conform to gender roles. Being born with certain sexual organs does in no way define what kind of a person you are, what your likes and dislikes are, or what you are capable of accomplishing and overcoming.
No comments:
Post a Comment