I took Daisey, our dog, out for a walk because she wouldn’t stop barking while we were having our Sunday afternoon get together. I took her to the end of the street and on our way back she stopped and started barking again. I looked but and saw a mysterious man. I felt like I recognised him, almost as if I had seen him on T.V. somewhere, yet I could not put a name to his face. He was holding a long sickle and a bouquet of flowers. His face was as pale as a sheet of computer paper. The sickle really concerned me, so I picked up the pace of my walk. I thought more and more about the sickle and it finally came to me, the man I saw was the Grim Reaper, and he turned into the backyard of my house. I had to see what was going on, both Gramps and Lou were ill. Gramps was around age 87 and Lou had heart problems. The Grim Reaper could have been there for either one of them. I let go of Daisey’s leash so she could go attack the man and save whomever was in danger. Daisey noticed that the man’s head was a skull so she jumped and got a hold of his head. The man then yelled and weeped as Daisey had a firm grip on his head. The man’s head started to rip off and finally Daisey ripped the entire thing off. I finally managed to step into the yard and saw that underneath the skull was Uncle Joe’s face. Uncle Joe was the biggest prankster in the family. He loves to prank us. He told us he had been planning this one with Uncle Wilbert since last weekend. He figured we could use a little scare to spice up the afternoon. Uncle Wilbert didn’t react to the prank because he was waiting for it to happen.
After the prank was over, Joe and I sat down and drank our tea and then Gramps cut into the cake. Cindy finished early and played with Daisey while the rest of the adults sat and talked. Joe and Wilbert had there own conversation, most likely planning another prank for next week.
I like your computer paper simile.
ReplyDelete